Selling on Lazada seems like a great way to make money, but it’s essential to know the Lazada seller fees, you’ll have to pay when you start doing business on this platform. There are many ways to increase your profits if you’re willing to spend money on your business and take advantage of the promotions that Lazada has available—but there are also some fees you should be aware of before you decide to get involved in this marketplace. Here’s an overview of how much it costs to sell on Lazada and how you can save money along the way.
How to start selling on Lazada?
Because of the statistics that are readily available on numerous places on the Internet, the Lazada marketplace has been around for a while. In order to grasp Lazada’s worth in comparison to other markets, let’s take a closer look at some of its features.
- Lazada has developed into one of the most well-liked local marketplaces for numerous enterprises to expand, particularly in Southeast Asia.
- The Lazada marketplace, which is currently the most well-known in Malaysia for e-commerce, is a marketplace that operates in six different nations.
- Lazada Marketplace receives over 41 million visits each month.
- There are more than 300,000,000 stock-keeping units (SKUs) in existence.
In the section that follows, we will also discuss Lazada seller fees.
Categories of seller fees on Lazada:
- Overall system fee on Lazada: As a seller on Lazada, you will be charged an overall system fee. This is a flat rate that is charged per order, and it is currently set at 3.5% of the total order value. So, if you sell an item for $100, you will be charged $3.50 in system fees. Additionally, you may also be charged a payment processing fee by your chosen payment processor (e.g. PayPal, Stripe, etc.).
- The cost of listing products on Lazada: To list a product on Lazada, there is a fee of $0.30 per product. This fee is charged when you first list the product and each time you relist the product. There is also a commission fee, which is a percentage of the sale price. For example, if you sell a product for $100, and the commission rate is 6%, then you will pay $6 in commission fees.
- Initial deposit and upfront fees for sellers on Lazada: Lazada never demands any upfront payments or deposits from its sellers. As a vendor, you can create an account, post the goods on Lazada’s online marketplace, and start selling right away. When you sell your products on Lazada, there are no annual fees like there are on several Chinese online marketplaces like JD Worldwide, Kaola, or Tmall.
Lazada gives its sellers the chance to explore and discover the Asian marketplaces.
- Shipping fee for sellers on Lazada: As a seller on Lazada, you will be responsible for shipping fees. These fees depend on the weight and size of your product, as well as the shipping destination. You can use our shipping calculator to get an estimate of these fees. Additionally, we offer free shipping on certain products and promotions.
- Fees For Payment Service: You have a choice between the Payoneer and World First payment providers if you sell your goods on Lazada. By creating an account with each of these organizations as a seller, you may integrate your online store with them.
In China, Tenpay and Alipay are available for WeChat and JD Worldwide, respectively. The applicable Lazada seller fees, if you’re using their online marketplace, range from 1 to 2 percent. Currently, there is a 2 percent surcharge for deliveries to Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand. To acquire the most recent information, you must speak with World First and Payoneer, though, as the service cost changes over time.