There are so many different platforms to sell your products, but it isn’t easy to decide which one you should use. Etsy and Shopify are legitimate sites with millions of users, and they can be excellent options depending on your needs. However, some businesses need to change platforms over time, and this guide will help you figure out the best way to migrate from Etsy to Shopify (or vice versa). The information here will be helpful whether you’re looking to switch platforms entirely or expand into new markets by selling on a platform other than the one you already use.
Here are the best procedures to sort out this problem
- What you need to know about moving from Etsy to Shopify
- What you need to know about moving from Shopify to Etsy
- Deactivating your Etsy account
- The way to transfer your data between platforms
- Uploading your products to Shopify
What you need to know about moving from Shopify to Etsy:
1. You’ll need to set up a new Shopify account and connect it to your domain. 2. You’ll need to export your product data from Etsy and import it into Shopify. 3. You’ll need to set up your payment methods in Shopify.
4. You’ll need to configure your shipping settings in Shopify.
5. You may want to consider hiring a Shopify Expert to help with the migration process.
What you need to know about moving from Etsy to Shopify:
Etsy is a great platform for creative entrepreneurs, but it can be limited in terms of growth and customization. If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, Shopify is a great option. The migration process is relatively simple, and there are plenty of resources available to help you make the switch. Here’s what you need to know:
The first step is to export your Shopify data. You can do this by going to Settings > Export.
2. Next, you need to create a new account on Etsy. Once you’re logged in, go to Your Account > Sell on Etsy.
3. Now you’ll need to import your Shopify products into your new Etsy account. To do this, go to Listings > Add a Listing and select Import Products from the drop-down menu.
4. You’ll need to create a new account on Shopify and import your CSV file.
Deactivating your Etsy account:
Before you can start the process of migrating your shop from Etsy to Shopify (or vice versa), you first need to deactivate your Etsy account. To do this, log into your Etsy account and go to Your Account > Settings > Billing & Payment. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Deactivate Your Account” button.
The way to transfer your data between Platforms:
Performing data migration has never been an easy task and usually takes a great amount of time and effort. You can either choose to migrate your data manually or hand over this highly complicated and time-consuming task you can do it using LitExtension’s All-in-One migration service.
Uploading your Products to Shopify:
Once your products have been correctly imported, you will be able to publish them in batches with just a few clicks:
Open the Product Tab.
Select the products you want to push into Shopify (up to 500 at the same time).
Click on the “Publish” button.
Select the channels you want to publish on (e.g. on Shopify, or on more channels) and confirm.m.
Refresh your Products Tab.