Lazada is one of the biggest online shopping platforms in the Southeast Asian region, and it gets plenty of traffic. The commission fee changes will likely lead to better sales on the platform, but you’ll need to know about them before you start your campaigns to plan correctly and avoid losing money. This article will break down all the information you need about the commission fee changes and how they’ll affect your campaigns on Lazada in 2023.
How to start selling on Lazada?
Because of the statistics that are readily available on numerous places on the Internet, the Lazada marketplace has been around for a while. To grasp Lazada’s worth compared to other markets, let’s take a closer look at some of its features.
- Lazada has developed into one of the most well-liked local marketplaces for numerous enterprises to expand, particularly in Southeast Asia.
- The Lazada marketplace, which is currently the most well-known in Malaysia for e-commerce, is a marketplace that operates in six different nations.
- Lazada Marketplace receives over 41 million visits each month.
- There are more than 300,000,000 stock-keeping units (SKUs) in existence.
In the section that follows, we will also discuss Lazada seller fees.
What is the lazada seller center?
It’s a platform that allows sellers to manage their businesses on Lazada, packed with features that can help you run your business more efficiently.
This guide will look at the Lazada Seller Center, what it can do for you, and how to use it to your advantage.
What is the Lazada Seller Center?
The Lazada Seller Center is a platform that enables sellers to manage their businesses on Lazada. It’s a one-stop shop for all your Lazada selling needs, packed with features that can help you run your business more efficiently.
Important Things to Know about Lazada commission fee in 2023:
First, I want to show you Lazada’s CEO Shares the Key to E-commerce Success in Southeast Asia.
1. If you’re considering selling on Lazada, you must know that the commission fee is 8% of your total sales.
2. This means that for every $100 worth of products you sell, Lazada will take $8 as a commission fee.
3. While this may seem like a lot, it’s pretty standard for e-commerce platforms.
4. Plus, the fees are lower than other popular platforms like Shopify or Amazon.
5. In addition to the commission fee, sellers are responsible for paying a 2% payment processing fee.
How much does Lazada charge commission from new sellers?
In 2023, new sellers on Lazada will be charged a commission of 8% on the total value of their sales, including shipping fees. This is an increase from the previous commission rate of 5%. However, new sellers will also receive a 50% discount on their first month’s sales, meaning they will only be charged a 4% commission in their first month.
Categories of seller fees on Lazada:
- Overall system fee on Lazada: As a seller on Lazada, you will be charged an overall system fee. This flat rate is charged per order and is currently set at 3.5% of the total order value. So, if you sell an item for $100, you will be charged $3.50 in system fees. You may also be charged a payment processing fee by your chosen payment processor (e.g. PayPal, Stripe, etc.).
- The cost of listing products on Lazada: To list a product on Lazada, there is a fee of $0.30 per product. This fee is charged when you first list the product and each time you relist the product. There is also a commission fee, a percentage of the sale price. For example, if you sell a product for $100, and the commission rate is 6%, you will pay $6 in commission fees.
- Initial deposit and upfront fees for sellers on Lazada: Lazada never demands any upfront payments or deposits from its sellers. As a vendor, you can create an account, post the goods on Lazada’s online marketplace, and start selling immediately. When you sell your products on Lazada, there are no annual fees like on several Chinese online marketplaces like JD Worldwide, Kaola, or Tmall.
Lazada gives its sellers a chance to explore and discover Asian marketplaces.
- Shipping fee for sellers on Lazada: As a seller on Lazada, you will be responsible for shipping fees. These fees depend on the weight and size of your product and the shipping destination. You can use our shipping calculator to get an estimate of these fees. Additionally, we offer free shipping on specific products and promotions.
- Fees For Payment Service: You can choose Payoneer and World First payment providers if you sell your goods on Lazada. You may integrate your online store with them by creating an account with each of these organizations as a seller.
In China, Tenpay and Alipay are available for WeChat and JD Worldwide, respectively. The applicable Lazada seller fees, if you’re using their online marketplace, ranging from 1 to 2 percent. Currently, there is a 2 percent surcharge for deliveries to Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand. To acquire the most recent information, you must speak with World First and Payoneer, as the service cost changes over time.
Lazada Seller Fees: How much does it cost to sell on Lazada?
Selling on Lazada seems like a great way to make money, but knowing the Lazada seller fees you’ll have to pay when you start doing business on this platform is essential. There are many ways to increase your profits if you’re willing to spend money on your business and take advantage of the promotions that Lazada has available—but there are also some fees you should be aware of before you decide to get involved in this marketplace. Here’s an overview of how much it costs to sell on Lazada and how you can save money.
Does Lazada take the same commission fee from old or new Sellers?
In 2021, Lazada will take a 6% commission fee from all its sellers, regardless of whether they are new or old. This is a slight increase from the 5% commission that was taken in 2020. This may seem like a lot for those starting on the platform. However, it is essential to remember that Lazada is an investment, and, like any investment, risks are involved. By charging a higher commission fee, Lazada can keep its platform running smoothly and provide its users with a better experience.
How much commission does Lazada take on more than one item from a seller?
For sellers looking to list more than one item on Lazada, it’s essential to know how much commission the platform takes. Here’s a complete guide to the commission fees for sellers in 2023.
Lazada charges a commission fee of 10% on the total value of items sold, including shipping and handling. For example, if you sell an item for $100 and the shipping and handling costs $10, your total commission fee would be $10.
There is a minimum commission fee of $0.50 per transaction, regardless of the total value of items sold. So even if you only sell an item for $1, your minimum commission fee would still be $0.50.
Lazada’s total commission from sellers in 2023:
In 2023, Lazada will charge a total commission of 10% from sellers. This is broken down into a variable commission of 5-7.5% and a fixed commission of 2.5%. The variable commission is based on the product category, with categories like clothes and electronics having a higher percentage than others. The fixed commission is charged per order, regardless of the product category.
Final Thoughts about Lazada commission fee:
Lazada is an excellent platform for selling online, and its commission fees are very reasonable. In 2023, they will charge a flat rate of 8% on all sales, which is lower than many other marketplaces. Additionally, they offer various payment options, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs. Lazada is an excellent choice for selling online, and its commission fees are very reasonable.